Stepping out of the shadow of the past and into the future, a classic returns for Spring/Summer 2018 in the form of the Saucony Shadow 5000. Originally released in 1989 as a performance runner, the shoe represents a period of genuine innovation in running technology where athletics met aesthetics. Nearly 30 years later, the Shadow 5000 has transcended its sporting roots and evolved into a modern classic. The shoe features a combination of suede and nylon across the uppers, with a comfortable padded collar around the heel and a premium rubber outsole for unparalleled grip.
For 2018, Saucony have taken things back to the essence with three new colourways. These clean combinations show off the Shadow 5000’s sleek shape, utilising a vintage colour palette and smart use of materials to breathe new life into a modern classic.
- Lace-up front with a padded collar and tongue
- Nylon/suede upper for long wear
- Padded tongue, collar, and footbed provides superior shock absorption, fit, and extra comfort
- Textile lining and cushioning, removable insole
- Shock-absorbing striped EVA midsole
- Durable rubber traction outsole